DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Title Insurance Examiner - RemoteOR - Remote
We are still hiring during the pandemic of COVID-19 (or Corona Virus). Your health and safety is our #1 priority at JobTracks. We will be conducting video interviews during this time to ensure your safety.
We are looking for an experienced Title Examiner to join the team of a Title company looking to hire a fully remote Title Examiner.
- Examine/read and evaluate land title records in multiple states
- Examine/read documentation such as deeds, mortgages, deeds of trust, liens, judgments, easements, restrictions, and plats/maps to determine ownership, encumbrances, and to verify legal descriptions of property
- Analyze and evaluate records relating to property taxes, federal and state inheritance/estate taxes, liens, judgments, bankruptcy filings, foreclosures, chancery proceedings and other records to be read into the title binder or informational report
- Identify if the title to a property in question has easements or restrictions that may prevent or hinder its sale or otherwise affect ownership
- Analyze chain of title, and/or defects in the chain of title, and prepare reports outlining title-related matters
- Examine title records from outside abstractors and seek additional information from abstractors where necessary for complete and proper examination
- Synthesize the information from all of the above and prepare property reports and title commitments
- Resolve any issues such as missing information, incomplete, inaccurate or contradictory information contained in the title documentation
- Confer with attorneys, realtors, lending institution personnel, buyers, sellers, contractors, surveyors, and courthouse personnel to exchange title-related information or to resolve problems
- Ability to work in an accurate, detail-oriented and highly productive manner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Adobe
- Knowledge of local abstracting procedures
- Familiarity and experience with the above responsibilities
- Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and contribute in every aspect to a team environment.
Must have at least 1-year experience working with Integrity Title Plant Software Must be computer savvy and comfortable with online search and paperless production systems Experience with Resware is preferred, but not required. We offer a competitive salary commiserate with experience and excellent benefits package.