DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
UnderwriterCA - San Diego
We are still hiring during the pandemic of COVID-19 (or Corona Virus).
Your health and safety is our #1 priority at JobTracks.
We will be conducting video interviews during this time to ensure your safety.
The Underwriter is a position that is responsible for residentail real estate underwriting and approving mortgage loan applications that maximize organizational profit and minimize risk. The position supports the branches, sales and operations functions of the Credit Union through accurate, timely and professional communication and rendering of sound credit decisions.
- Underwrite and approve mortgage loan applications and evaluate credit risk in order to maximize organizational profit and minimize risk or loss
- Perform a thorough review and analysis of all loan applicants in rendering a sound credit decision on all loans.
- Review and analyze credit, income, assets and collateral to ensure compliance Client, investor or Credit Union portfolio guidelines
- Collaborate with team members and Management to identify or recommend potential solutions/exceptions for non-sellable or denied loan files
- Examine all loan documentation to ensure accuracy and compliance with all state and federal policies and regulations
- Communicate with mortgage sales, operations and branches to maintain a high level of customer service
- Maintain a high level of efficiency to ensure excellent turnaround times
- Maintain current knowledge of all industry and credit union program changes, policies and procedures
- Communicates with Management on a loan by loan basis in recommending exceptions to policy
- Assist Loan Officers by reviewing loan scenarios to ensure loan is placed in correct program
Education and Experience
- 3 years conventional underwriting experience required
- FHA or VA processing or underwriting experience a plus
- Ability to analyze title reports, tax returns and appraisals is required
- Detailed knowledge of Client/FHLMC guidelines is required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Four year college degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook are required
- Ability, familiarity and competence to perform all aspects of a loan transaction, from opening through closing
- Ability to analyze credit, income, assets, appraisals
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret legal documents, government regulations and professional publications
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries from Senior Management, attorneys, vendors, government agents and the general public
- Ability to create and generate reports
- Ability to work independently with little supervision