DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Escrow Accounting AssistantIN - Indianapolis
Busy Title Insurance Company in Indianapolis is looking for an Escrow Accountant to assist and support the Controller. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of accounting or bookkeeping experience either with a Title Insurance company, Escrow company or within the Real Estate industry, and working knowledge of basic real estate concepts.
Escrow Accountant Responsibilities:
- Daily matching of receipts written to actual deposits to all escrow accounts to ensure timely receipt and deposit of funds.
- Weekly monitoring of individual guaranty files and escrow bank accounts for shortages and determination of necessary transfers.
- Prepare monthly "shorts and overs " reports and follow-up with closing teams.
- Serves as back-up in opening and closing client directed escrow investment accounts, to include: preparation of monthly reports of escrow investments to CFO and posting to State Board of Insurance exhibit.
- Monthly bank reconciliation of all escrow accounts.
- Monthly review of outstanding escrow checks over 60 and 90 days old. Communication with closing teams and clients to ensure checks are cleared and disposition of funds are finalized.
- Daily postings of receipts and deposit schedule. Generation of weekly and monthly income reports and premium receivables schedules.
- Quarterly reconciliation and preparation of State Board of Insurance guaranty fee report.
- Preparation of commission reports paid to fee offices.
- Cross train in other duties of the Accounting Department.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Escrow Accountant Requirements
- Escrow Accountant must have 3+ years of proven accounting and/or title bookkeeping experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College Degree preferred
- Working knowledge of basic real estate title concepts, legal documents and how they affect title to real property
- Familiarity with title insurance commitment and policy format and all procedures required to prepare same including abstracting, title examinations, survey analysis, etc.
- Computer Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite- strong Excel skills
- Experience with Rino (escrow accounting) software
- Familiarity with plotting metes and bounds legal descriptions