DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Senior Underwriter DE SARCA - Orange
We are still hiring during the pandemic of COVID-19 (or Corona Virus).
Your health and safety is our #1 priority at JobTracks.
We will be conducting video interviews during this time to ensure your safety.
Reports To: Underwriting Manager
**Possibility of being remote
**In addition to Base Pay, job alsoincludesa generous Bonus and OT Program.
To effectively and accurately review and evaluate information regarding mortgage loan documentation in order to determine if the borrower and/or property meet loan standards. Someone who believes in superior customer service and enjoys working in a high production team environment where integrity and honesty is paramount.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete a thorough analysis of loan files to determine compliance with company, investor, and government guidelines and standards
- Evaluate the entire credit package and collateral for residential mortgage loans and ultimately ensure an "investor " quality loan product
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers
- Communicate decision (approval, suspense, denial) on loans to appropriate parties both verbally and in writing.
- Be available to processors and loan officers for general guideline interpretations and questions on specific loan files
- Continually exhibit an understanding of automated underwriting and guidelines
- Check accuracy of all calculations
- Meet or exceed productions goals while maintaining quality requirements.
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE/ BEHAVIORS
- Senior level Underwriter with a minimum 3-5 years experience underwriting
- LAPP, SAR, or DE certification required. All 3 are preferable
- Extensive manual underwriting experience
- Knowledgeable in investor overlay and researching such guidelines
- Excellent appraisal analysis skills
- Knowledge of current HUD and investor guidelines
- Must be able to prioritize files throughout the day
- Handle exception items and resolve complex issues
- Experience and complete knowledge of FHA/VA lending guidelines preferred
- Understands how FHA/VA guidelines relate to internal and investor guidelines preferred
- Superior customer services skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail required
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- A team player, ability to work independently
- Thrive in a fast paced, high production environment
- Readily embraces change
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, Encompass experience ideal