POINT > CLICK > HIRE
Real Estate Loan OfficerCA - San Diego
We are looking for a Real Estate Loan Officcer with experience in refinance to join a well-established credit union in the Scripps Rancharea. Loan Officer serves as primary contact and service experience agent for Members who have applied for a real estate loan and provides the timely status updates. Assists Members with understanding the processes, obtaining required documentation, and meeting underwriting requirements. Is responsible for re-working loan when appraised value comes in low and present any possible options to Member.
Essential Job Functions:
- Verifies that original regulatory and/or compliant loan disclosures have been sent to our Member within the required timelines.
- Understands and is able to explain the terms of all disclosures to Members.
- Applies team and department "Best Practices " as instructed by Management.
- Coordinates funding activities with closing area, settlement agent and Member.
- Ensures that all pre-document and loan conditions are satisfied prior to authorizing funding.
- May be responsible for ordering out on own files in the event that a file clerk is unavailable.
- Processes real estate loan applications in a manner that is compliant with internal lending policies, standard operating procedures, including product matrices and Investor guidelines. Is accountable for reviewing internal policy documents and SOP's on a frequent basis to ensure that skills and understanding are current.
- Ensures that processing system is kept current with status, conversations and mail received on a daily basis.
- Ensures that department turnaround times for period from receipt of completed loan application to credit approval then funding are met.
- Responsible for primary Member contact; which includes providing twice weekly status updates to Members in pipeline; reviewing loan stipulations and counter offers and updating escrow and real estate agents at least weekly.
- Reviews all incoming mail within 24-48 hours of receipt; including but not limited to Member documentation and stipulations, appraisal, preliminary title report, homeowner association documentation, mortgage Insurance, if applicable and insurance certificates (hazard and flood).
- Responsible for following up on third party services, within two business days of receipt of a completed loan application, including but not limited to Appraisal, Escrow, Title and mortgage insurance.
- Responsible for ensuring that updated loan disclosures are sent when re-disclosing is necessary; Ensure that new disclosures are sent within the required timeframe and in accordance with CFPB, TILA-RESPA integrated rule and MDIA.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- 1+ years of related experience required.
- Experience in real estate lending, consumer lending, or front line Member service role.
- Register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry as a mortgage loan originator in accordance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the "SAFE Act ") when applicable.
- Perform clerical processing duties for the refi team to assist the Loan Processors in Operations, including requesting Verbal and Written Verification of Employment, verifying hazard insurance, completing Homeowners Association Certifications, processing 4506 Validation Requests, ordering initial escrow Settlement Statements, and processing mortgage insurance requests.