DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Assistant Accounting ManagerTX - Austin
We are seeking a dedicated, organized, professional Accounting Assistant Manager to support our growing Title Company in Austin. The ideal candidate will be ready and willing to step in and function within all financial aspects of the business, operating successfully at the strategic accounting level but equally comfortable executing required administrative tasks.
A strong accounting and finance background is required.
Title Insurance industry knowledge is preferred.
Essential job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee audits and reporting for TDI compliance
- A/P & A/R data entry & processing
- Monthly reconciliations of all company accounts
- Prepping payroll, financial statements and reports with some basic analysis required
- Performs general clerical tasks which may include filing, correspondence, records management and other general accounting transactions.
- Support the Chief Financial Officer with additional tasks and duties, as needed
- Associates degree or above in Accounting, Finance or directly related field
- 5+ years work experience in functional accounting role
- Title insurance industry experience a plus
- Accounting system design and management experience a plus
- Proficiency in accounting concepts, financial statements
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Must have 2+ years experience with Quickbooks in a business environment
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Relentlessly organized and detail-oriented with demonstrated accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities
- Adhere to standard procedures and policies with the utmost integrity
- You strive to be helpful in providing feedback and suggestions that both solve problems and improve performance
- Team player who is comfortable being in a support role and comfortable accepting and providing constructive feedback