POINT > CLICK > HIRE
Title ExaminerTX - Houston
REAL ESTATE TITLE ABSTRACTOR/TITLE EXAMINER
Our client, national title insurance underwriter with offices throughout the U.S. is looking for full-time experienced Title Abstractors/Title Examiners to conduct property ownership, title searches, and public records searches. The preferred candidate must demonstrate knowledge of title information and title search data systems such as TitlePoint, ATIDS and deed plotting software, and how to obtain archived records from the county courts. Strong critical thinking skills in a detail-oriented position. We value honesty and integrity as the job requires the candidate to work remotely and process detailed property records efficiently and accurately. Ideal candidates must have excellent computer and research skills as well as enjoy independent work and, challenges that the job brings. This job could require some occasional travel to various courthouses in your area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide timely, accurate chain of title evidence, including copies of all documents in the chain back to the earliest public record.
- Examine public records to determine if there are restrictions or clouds that will affect title or limit property use.
- Prepare reports describing any title encumbrances encountered during searching
- Obtain maps or drawings delineating properties from title plants, county surveyors, county taxing bodies, and assessors' offices.
- Communicate regularly with management regarding work volumes, search issues, expansion of projects, and obstacles affecting timely production.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge in abstracting for your State
- Minimum of two years of solid experience in performing abstracting and title searches.
- Prior experience in going to courthouses to extract archived title records.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meets deadlines, and organize workloads.