POINT > CLICK > HIRE
JrSr Community Mortgage SpecialistCA - San Diego
We are still hiring during the pandemic of COVID-19 (or Corona Virus).
Your health and safety is our #1 priority at JobTracks.
We will be conducting video interviews during this time to ensure your safety.
The Mortgage Specialist position is a key role at Our Client and affords a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits. Opportunities abound to provide exceptional service while promoting our wide array of financial products and services. Employees who are successful in making referrals are eligible for monthly incentives.
Enthusiastic and outgoing individual can showcase their relationship building skills to enhance our customer banking experience. You will join a team of motivated, dedicated and empowered employees who strive to provide superior service and conduct accurate transactions, while complying with policies, procedures and regulatory banking requirements.
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a proven track record in customer service. A minimum of one-year experience in mortgage lending, preferably secondary market mortgage lending. Previous mortgage origination or processing experience is desired. Knowledge of Loan Quest origination software is a plus and overall computer literacy is required.
Must demonstrate a positive attitude, professional image, be self-motivated and have the ability to manage multiple project and tasks simultaneously with exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Assist and provide Branch Officers with compliance and program knowledge,
- Review mortgage loan applications in Mortgage LOS (LoanQuest) for completeness,
- Advise Branch Officers of supplemental documentation requirements,
- Pull file merge credit reports and review for derogatory credit and other red flags,
- Run originated mortgage loan files through Desktop Underwriter (DU),
- Review DU results for accuracy of data input and approval to sell loans on secondary market,
- Prepare Loan Estimates, and other required TRID and upfront loan documents for the Branch Originators to disclose to the borrowers,
- Prepare Adverse Actions and update loan file for HMDA reporting on declined/withdrawn loans,
- Maintain a good knowledge and current understanding of laws, regulations, and regulatory guidance related to compliance and the operations of the credit union and mortgage lending,
- Fulfills a lead role as part of the mortgage team to ensure that each loan is professionally processed, underwritten and closed according to secondary market guidelines and Our Client's loan policy.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the credit union's mortgage loan policy and mortgage loan programs,
- Maintain a general knowledge of all of the credit union's products and services,
- Possess a detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel software applications that is adequate to perform the duties assigned,
- Promote an atmosphere of teamwork throughout the credit union
- Ensure good working relationships with Branch Officers,
- Communicate effectively with members, coworkers and the Leadership Team,
- Support the Leadership Team,
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions within responsibility level,
- Follows the credit unions Member Service Standards and Telephone Etiquette.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of items weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Occasional business travel may be required.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time may be required.
- Repetitive motions and extensive keyboarding may be required.
**Equal opportunity employer, including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.