POINT > CLICK > HIRE
Assistant Branch ManagerCA - San Diego
Are you Service-Driven and Relationship-Focused? As an Assistant Branch Manager II, you'll have the chance toempower members to gain better control of their finances whileinspiring anddeveloping staff. Become part of a team that is key in delivering extraordinary experiences. Do you have what it takes?
- Establish and maintain member relationships in order to meet the member's financial needs, provide extra-ordinary service, and create loyal members while meeting Branch and Corporate objectives.
- Establish new memberships, checking, savings accounts, term investments, IRAs, insurance products, consumer loans and other products and services, such as Online Banking, etc. Utilizes the Deep Dive to meet each member's perceived and unperceived financial needs. Performs appropriate on-boarding activities for all new and existing members including follow-up calls.
- Perform a variety of file maintenance duties, including but not limited to: adding owners/signers, updating personal information, adding additional products, decedent accounts, trust certifications, and POAs as requested by members.
- Originate and fund consumer loans (Credit Cards, Auto Loans, Other Consumer Loans, Home Equity Loans and Lines and Mortgage Referrals) to meet consumer loan sales objectives.
- Maintain reporting for all loan leads, applications and funding's as directed by management including pipeline reports.
- Coordinate the application process between the member, third parties and internal loan operations group, ensuring extra-ordinary service for the member. Communicate status to all parties during the loan process, guides the loan to a smooth closing.
- Manage loan queues, including timely and proactive follow-up on approved loans, meeting targeted loan closing ratios and other product cross-sell ratios, keeping loan conversation logs current and closing loan files with appropriate explanations for loan outcomes.
- Cross-sell all products and services to meet member needs and achieve strategic objectives, cross-sell ratios, and member retention goals.
- Initiate and maintain strong referral relationships with members and outside contacts and helps achieve new business development goals.
- Responsible for branch business development, conducting outside calling activities, growing new and existing SEG relationships, attending community events, and promoting the public image of the company, the credit union philosophy and their services and products to the SEGs and the local community.
- Business Development activity will be in partnership with the AVP Branch Manager to assist with retail goal attainment including new and existing members on a retail level. Build and maintain other business relationships and product delivery channels. Originate and market loan products for local Retail market area. Managing CD maturity call lists/new account calls, generating new business.
- Initiate proactive outbound calls includinginternal lists and targeted prospects.
- Support the AVP, Branch Manager in creating and managing the annual business plan for the branch, appropriately managing team performance to achieve branch performance goals, branch efficiency, and maintain branch profitability.
- Lead and guide the franchise team around instilling and maintaining our Cultural attributes, Core Values, 7 Habits and Collaboration (Better Together).
- Promote team spirit with employees and assists staff with questions/issues/concerns.
- Mentor and advise staff on daily operations, identifying cross-selling opportunities, coaching needs and goal attainment.
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous and professional manner, adhering to their member service standard and Core Values.
- Manage the day to day Retail Operations including, but not limited to: scheduling, member contact, opening new accounts, marketing, phone calls, teller/member issues that may arise, handling customer problems or concerns and ensuring compliance of credit union employees within established security, sales, operations, regulatory compliance, audit, and record keeping policies, procedures and practices.
- Serve as the sales leader and sales coach for the branch, directly responsible for sales-skill development of staff, sales performance, goal achievement, member acquisition, member retention, cross-sells, upsells, and referrals, and the closing ratios of loans, and other cross-sell products.
- Ensure management of loan queues, including timely and proactive follow-up on approved loans, meeting targeted loan closing ratios and other product cross-sell ratios, keeping loan conversation logs current, and closing loan files with appropriate explanations for loan outcomes.
- Responsible for performance of branch staff in their daily functions, including oversight of scheduling, assigning work, coordinating activities, answering questions, solving problems, helping with complex transactions and explaining policies and procedures to employees and members.
- Manage branch merchandizing, ensuring adequate supply of all promotional and operational materials.
- Responsible for vault transactions including incoming and outgoing cash shipments, buys and sellsensuring cash orders are correct, timely and accurate, and that appropriate levels are maintained for proper function of the branch, not to exceed identified limits.
- Ensure security and safety of the branch.
- Completion of monthly branch certifications.
- Utilize staff efficiently for all branch operations through daily work and break scheduling.
- Ensure completion of daily checklist, including random cash audits for each MSR or USR, and vault. Ensure all end-of-day processing is complete and accurate.
- Provide assistance to tellers with difficult members or transactions; maintaining vault transactions and ensure daily balancing; manages employee time adjustments including leaves of absence and approvals; creates monthly benchmarking reports and audit checklists.
- Ensure all new accounts are opened properly and verified timely for audit purposes.
- Complete wire transactions and/or approvals.
- Ensure all projects/assignments are completed timely and accurately.
- Hire, train, manage, coach, conduct performance reviews, counsel and discipline staff to ensure employees are proficient in all phases of their respective jobs and responsibilities, are performing to expectations, and are contributing to the branch goals and objectives; responsible for managing and reducing turnover of branch employees.
- Adhere to Mystery Shop Standard Guidelines. Utilizes skills from Creating Member Loyalty Training and other programs as directed by management.
- Provide an unbeatable service experience and adheres to the credit union's quality service standards, including solving member issues and complaints, and assisting employees in mediating member situations.
- Responsible for the oversight of the branch audit functions and completion of daily, monthly, quarterly and annual branch management reports to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Approve transactions and authorizes fee reversals in accordance with established authority levels.
- Oversee and manages the branch budget, responsible for cost control measures and explanation of budget variances to ensure and/or improve branch profitability.
- Oversee the performance of third-party vendors at the branch, such as janitorial service, ATM service, etc., and ensures said vendors are performing to expectations; approves invoices within authority limits.
- Operate a teller drawer (only when needed), and processes cash and check deposits, withdrawal requests, loan payments, and general ledger transactions in accordance to credit union policies and procedures.
- Is member focused and models the following attributes: leadership, service excellence, cultural attributes, commitments, and aligns responsibilities with the company's core strategy, strategic objectives, brand promise, vision and value proposition.
- Maintain the required knowledge of products, services, policies and procedures, laws and regulations and other compliance requirements that pertain to the deposit and lending functions.
- Protect the credit union member assets by identifying all members when transacting business and giving information, adhering to security and privacy practices.
- Assist AVP Branch Manager in managing 3 or more employees, including possible direct reports.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these areas. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversees staff performance as it relates to member service. Manages the office in the absence of the AVP Branch Manager. Informs the AVP Branch Manager of any new or recurring member or employee situations that need attention.
- Two year college degree; and three or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree in business or related field is preferred.
- Supervisory experience, experience in a financial institution/credit union, knowledge of branch operational activities, and understanding of loan practices is required. Previous managerial or supervisory experience in a financial institution is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including writing reports and presentations; group facilitation skills; ability to develop professional relationships; as well as networking internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to develop staff, provide ongoing coaching and grow individuals. Ability to develop processes and to organize information.
- Ability to partner effectively across all levels of the organization and develop positive working relationships. Must be able to adapt well to change and be passionate about finding new ways to solve evolving business needs.
- Ability to use loan origination systems, contact management software, and other Microsoft Office application products, as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly. Requires general knowledge of computer network and database use.
- To perform this job, the employee must possess strong interpersonal skills, good phone and e-mail etiquette, a professional presentation, and a high degree of personal initiative.
- Must be able to work branch operational hours to include weekends, and to work occasional nights or weekends at the branch and/or at community functions. Must be able to fly to attend meetings as needed.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to work nights and weekends. Overnight travel may be required.
- All Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) must be actively registered with the National Mortgage Licensing Service (NMLS). Must renew and pass annually to maintain active status.