POINT > CLICK > HIRE
Lead Member Service RepresentativeCA - Vallejo
We are seeking a seasoned banking professional for the role of a Lead Member Service Representative based in DT San Francisco - great opportinity to join one of the finest credit unions in the Bay Area! Lead MSR will report to the MS Supervisor, Assistant Branch Manager or Branch Manager or other designee and will support other MSRs in the absence of a manager, to ensure efficient branch operations during business hours. Lead MST provides guidance to other MSRs in promoting and services including opening and/or servicing individual Credit Union deposit products including IRAs, certificates, and money market accounts delivering the highest level customer service, processing member transactions, resolving member account issues, balancing daily settlements, and meeting member needs. Lead MSR is responsible for accurate and efficient processing of member transactions, promoting products and services, making modifications to accounts, adding account services, opening new accounts, and performing those functions according to the policies and guidelines of the credit union in a friendly, helpful manner.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:MEMBER SERVICING
- Initiate and lead conversations to identify and assess member needs.
- Maintain and enhance member account relationships by providing excellent member service.
- Process share deposit payments, loan payments, manual payrolls, and account transfers.
- Disburse cash and check withdrawals.
- May assist members in opening and/or servicing individual Credit Union deposit products including IRAs, certificates, and money market accounts.
- Complete member transactions accurately and timely within prescribed limits and guidelines, or seek approval for exceptions.
- Open new membership accounts and assess for accuracy and compliance
- Research and address member inquiries about credit union services and accounts.
- Perform account maintenance as authorized.
- Promote credit union products and services.
- Maintain base knowledge of consumer and mortgage loans in order to effectively refer loan products to the consumer and mortgage loan departments. Perform outbound calls to members as needed.
- Achieve individual and branch growth goals.
- Identify solutions in support of member needs.
- Observe all security/internal controls, and be proactive in protecting the credit union by identifying fraudulent or forged documentation and/or activity.
CASH HANDLING AND BALANCING
- Open, close and balance their own cash drawer daily.
- Maintain drawer cash levels within prescribed amounts.
- Post and Log night, ATM and mail deposits. (Part of dual-control team.)
- Adhere to general regulatory procedures including requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti
Money Laundering rules
- Accurate balancing within established time frames.
- Handle Vault Teller responsibilities.
- Give approval for overrides on transactions based on authorization limits.
- Balance ATM per procedures (Part of dual control team).
- Perform end of day process (e.g. branch balancing, check process, gathering end of day reports).
- Support branch operations in the absence of the supervisor, as needed.
- Open and close branch as needed.
- Assist with lending tasks under the direction of the Consumer Loan Officer, Assistant Branch
- Participate in branch business development and outreach activities.
- Assist with branch self-assessments as may be assigned.
- May respond to electronic requests submitted by members and/or perform outbound calls to members in a professional prompt, efficient and accurate manner.
- May be called up to assist with translational needs when necessary.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- 2 years' MSR or equivalent experience required.
- Prior cash handling and customer service experience.
- Preference for working in organizations that place priority on teamwork and collaboration
- Strong commitment to our mission creating economic opportunity for traditionally underserved communities.
- Ability to maintain a proficient level of knowledge and ability to open and service IRAs, certificates, money market and other credit union deposit products.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work flexible work hours including evenings and weekends.
- May be required to travel to cover other Branches.
- Working knowledge of computer software systems New Solutions and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) and ability to be trained and efficiently operate credit union systems and proprietary software.
- Keen attention to detail, ability to effectively organize and prioritize work.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to use keyboard and data entry skills
- English/Spanish may be required