DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
FILLED eDocument SpecialistCA - San Diego
Under the direct supervision of the Mgr, eDocument Management and following established procedures, works with most phases of document processing including but not limited to item processing, document image archival, research, subpoenas and Client Bank (FRB) adjustments.
- Provides support to 22 branches, 25 departments, Member Service Center and 130,000 members.
- Supports branches utilizing branch capture solution to include troubleshooting of hardware and software, password resets and Check 21 operational questions.
- Participates and assists with or has working knowledge of image item processing, document scanning and archival, encoding errors, duplicate check postings, check and statement retrieval, subpoena processing and FRB adjustments.
- Responsible for having an understanding of FRB regulations, image item processing deadlines, Check 21 guidelines and document retention standards.
The incumbent reports directly to the Mgr, eDocument Management. There are no direct reports to this classification.
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Processes and balances on a daily basis all electronic member checks received from the FRB (inclearings). Processes electronically to the FRB all items received from members for deposit or cash (transit/branch capture) and all coupon visa payments, coupon loan payments, savings and checking deposits using image item processing solution.
- Processes electronic returned items on a daily basis ensuring established guidelines and timeframes are met.
- Follows Check 21 guidelines to ensure check clarity and timeliness of daily import/export files to/from the FRB.
- Ensures daily reports are updated timely and accurately and works with the Accounting Department to resolve outstanding daily balancing issues.
- Monitors large item cases to include incoming returned items received through Fedline Web as well as providing signature verification for large items drawn by our members.
- Performs research pertaining to routine outstanding FRB issues.
- Monitors and completes research tickets received pertaining to but not limited to check copies, statement copies, posting errors and any adjustment related process necessary for the resolution of such research.
- Works in conjunction with Branch Support by providing requested documentation on all types of incoming subpoenas/warrants.
- Records, scans, and indexes documents using document image archival software. This includes data entry of pertinent member and document information used to retrieve and archive the imaged documents.
- Maintains working knowledge of credit union's document guidelines, structure and the document archival software in order to be able to provide the maximum level of support to credit union staff.
- Utilizes control logs to monitor own work to ensure accuracy, completeness and quality of all image archival processing. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Assists with analyzing the use of barcodes and other tools to automate the indexing process
- Provides support to branches, MSC and Spectrum departments to include but not limited to troubleshooting with check scanning equipment, locating of documents and general check/document questions.
- Maintains and cleans all item processing and document scanning equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education, skills, & abilities:
- The experience as acquired from a high school diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of one-year financial institution experience. Level I requires 1 year financial institution experience and 2-5 years for Level II.
- Experience working with Microsoft Applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to effectively utilize Windows and browser based desktop software and scanning equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Accurate data entry capability to include balancing and reconciling of work.
- Good organizational skills, detail orientation and the ability to handle multiple priorities to meet work deadlines. Able to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to appear for work on time, follow directions from a supervisor, interact effectively with co-workers and members, understand and follow posted work rules and procedures and accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to operate standard business machines such as computer, scanner, printer, copier, fax, 10-key and telephonic devices. Experience working with document processing equipment is desirable.
- Processes and balances all electronic/paper files by importing/exporting on a daily basis with the FRB.
- Records, scans and indexes using document image archival software while utilizing control logs to ensure accuracy, completeness and quality.
- Handles research, adjustments and subpoenas.
- Provides support to branches, MSC and Spectrum departments with eDocument Management related questions/issues.
- Excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in writing; ability to tolerate periods of continuous sitting and/or noise; ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Work is primarily performed within a cubicle office setting. Subject to moderate background noise found in an office/scanning environment.