POINT > CLICK > HIRE
Legal AssistantFL - Tampa
As a Office Assistant you are responsible for working to maintain legal cases in the office. Must have a strong background in organizational skills as well as secretarial skills. Able to work in a small office environment and be self-motivated to accomplish tasks. Must be able to develop good working relationships with various court staff, process servers, Local Counsel and other Attorney's.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, organize and index all case files for attorneys; file correspondence, pleadings and other documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Find and retrieve information from files in response to requests from authorized users.
- Print E-mails and file in appropriate folders.
- Create new entries and sub files as needed.
- Keep records of materials filed or removed, using logbooks or computers.
- Modify and improve filing systems, or implement new filing systems.
- Perform periodic inspections of materials or files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility, and proper condition.
- Place materials into storage receptacles, such as file cabinets, boxes, bins, or drawers, according to classification and identification information.
- Scan or read incoming materials in order to determine how and where they should be classified or filed.
- Purge and box closed files to be sent to storage according to file maintenance guidelines and/or legal requirements.
- Perform general office duties such as typing and operating office machines.
- Performs related job duties as required.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent required.
- 1-2 years' experience working as a file /administrative clerk, law firm or professional services experience preferred.
- Capable of working with office technology
- Requires critical thinking skills, organizational skills, the ability to commudecisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Outlook e-mail, and Internet.