DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Title Abstractor or ExaminerNJ - Lakewood
We are looking for an Experienced Title Examiner to join the team of a busy Title Insurance office in Montvale, NJ. Must have experience working for a Title Insurance Company.
This is a great opportunity to launch your career with a growing, well respected company!
- Performs title curative functions for simple curative issues including: obtaining HOA and Tax statements, searching public records for releases and foreclosure deeds.
- Performs complex curative functions including obtaining releases for prior liens, reviewing foreclosure documents, obtaining payoff statements, reviewing vesting issues and knowledge of the mobile home conversion process.
- Ensure necessary steps are taken to resolve title curative discrepancies within established deadlines.
- Work in multiple systems and insert all applicable data into the various databases.
- Ability to determine issues that should be escalated.
- Adhere to any changes made to the flow process as implemented based on the internal and/or Client's request.
- Exemplify the company culture, mission and vision on a daily basis by actively participating in company values and standards.
- Participates in team meetings to gain knowledge of business updates, operational issues and Servicer needs.
- Share best practices and contribute to the team environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in national title curative resolution
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Basic understanding of risks and liabilities of title
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel, internet applications and/or company specific databases
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizing and prioritizing work
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines in a fast-paced, results oriented environment within established department set guidelines
- Ability to effectively handle multiple assignments with minimal supervision while meeting department performance measures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand and carryout oral, written directions or policy/procedure formats
- Must be flexible and have a positive attitude as well as the ability to work under pressure.